Vancouver will amaze you with its breathtaking views and diverse culture. It is the third most populous city in Canada, after Toronto and Montreal. Take in the mountain and ocean views, do some whale watching, visit the Art Gallery or go back in time to pan for gold. You can do all this and more in this stunning city.
- Gastown: Named after the first settler, “Gassy Jack,” this area is covered with cobbled streets, courtyards and Victorian architecture. Visit the many merchants and vendors who offer native art, souvenirs and antiques.
- Stanley Park: Over 1000 acres of woodlands, wildlife, lakes, beaches and trails. This is a true paradise, and you won’t even realize that you’re in the middle of the city.
- Robson Street: This has been a favourite location shoot for many feature films. Sidewalk cafes, restaurants, book stores and coffee shops await you here.
- Vancouver Art Gallery: One of North America’s premier art galleries, there are many family friendly activities.
- Fraser Canyon: Go back in the days of the gold rush, and find out what it was like to pan for gold. Take a cable car over the Fraser River and see one of British Columbia’s most breathtaking views.
- Burnaby Village Museum and Carousel: Go back in time and chat with a blacksmith, or the general store’s clerk.
- Science World: A whole new experience awaits you; fun for the whole family, try the many hands-on experiments as you learn about the world of science.
- Whale Watching: Perfect for the nature lover, these guided day trips will let you catch a glimpse of these amazing animals.
- Vancouver Lookout: Get an impressive view of Vancouver, the North Shore Mountains and even Vancouver Island from the 360-degree view. From fifty stories up, you’ll get a guided tour around the deck from knowledgeable staff. A great view day or night.
Depending on how long your stay is in Vancouver, try and include as many of the above activities in your itinerary. Not only will you have a trip you won’t soon forget; you will want to make Vancouver a regular vacation spot. No matter what season you go, there is always something exciting to do: water-skiing, snow-skiing, hiking, kayaking, the list is endless. Check with your travel agent to see if any of the above activities can be included as part of a package. Last but not least, make sure you take the proper precautions to be safe on your trip with your friends and family.
Some of the best hiking trails and downhill mountain biking can be found on Vancouver’s North Shore. Here is a map set up by a local service company. Click on this link to view the map.